Wednesday, December 10, 2008

They always come in threes!

You know, they always come in threes!

This is one of those phrases that we hear from time to time around my home. My family the my extended family, in laws, out laws, and in-loves; and all those people are the ones that I am talking about. Anyway, it seems that things always happen to you in threes don't they.

Take today. I was ministering to a family and I got a phone call from my wife and it was very important as she called and called and called again in a short period of time. I picked up the line and she was broken down on the side of a busy interstate with a blow out. Wow! My bride was in need so I dropped all and went to her aide. It was only after that I got there, got the jack out, the tire almost completely off that a police officer stopped to see if we needed to help or was this a good Samaritan that was there to help. (By the way that is a biblical term) So I changed the tire and she was on her way.

Later on today I received a text message from my daughter that something was wrong with the windshield wipers on her vehicle which as we all know is not good when it's raining, that you need to be able to see out. She thought it was the fuses, I think it is something else, but what's a dad to do when he is 3 hours away?

You are not going to believe this, and it's not one of those preacher stories, I got a call from my son, who lives another 3 hours away in another direction and his car wouldn't start! Yep, water, distributor cap etc. but what do I know from here.

So there you have it. In less than 3 hours and in 3 hours in different directions I had to deal with 3 different things about vehicles.

Now why do I share this with you and what is the significance of this? You know we all need to be aware of the things that come in threes! You see that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit they have pursued you to have a relationship with them. It's not automatic that is nothing that you have to do to get this relationship but it is for all that will call upon him in repentance and accept him by faith, the forgiveness of your sins.

It is important that you think about this because we all know, "They always come in threes!"

No comments: