Tuesday, October 14, 2008

LIFE

Life? When does life begin?

This is a question that has derailed many a presidential hopeful by not answering the way that his constituency may desire. This question may be whispered behind napkins in public places due to the fear of others not agreeing. Even family members may not agree on the answer to this question.

In a few days I will become a Grand-Daddy for the very first time. This blessed event has been on my mind longer than most would imagine. Our daughter has had several miscarriages and has suffered so during each one. She would go through all the emotions, the anger, the guilt, rejection, depressed, to the question of 'what's wrong with me?' I too suffered with her and for her and the loss of each child.

The doctors finally figured out what the problem was medically and prayerfully there will be a new baby here very shortly.

So life, when does it begin? You know really that may be a question that we are asking that we may never come to a true understanding over. Some say the moment the fertilization occurs with the egg but that has some issues too. Some on the other end of the life question would say when the 'fetus' can breath on its own and survive outside the womb. Me? I have to fall on the side of Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." I believe God. I believe that we are wonderfully and fearfully made. I believe that even before time began there was God.

When we look at scripture and the statements of life, it all begins with God and his creation. Even Jesus says something about life. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So life comes from God and it is he that I serve and trust.

By the way, her name will be Rachel Elizabeth and she will be the pride of all that have waited for her for so long. I can't wait to kiss my daughter's forehead and to hold this new little LIFE!

No comments: